Friday, January 9, 2009

New Hampton Inn banner...

While walking to work this morning, I noticed this new banner on the back of Hampton Inn at 6th and Mass...I'll have to say I like it...I'm not a huge fan of Yoko Ono, but the Imagine Peace website seems like a worthwhile cause and the site has pics of them hanging this very banner!!

It's a vast improvement over that Hancock advertisement with Will Smith that hung there for months...Hancock may be one of the worst movies Mr Q has seen via Netflix...ugh.
But I digress...

And since I was snapping pics I decided to take a photo of this surface parking lot across from City Vista...I have always envisioned a park there...

I know it'll never happen and will more likely be an uninspired building with a Chevy Chase bank and a CVS someday but wouldn't it be nice as a park???

More (well-maintained) green space DC!!

1 comment:

fourthandeye said...

Yeah, it'd be great if that lot was a park. Alas, it's owned by Steuart Investments (a car dealership family masquerading as a development corporation). They plan to put some huge office building on the site.