Thursday, July 10, 2008

House Maintenance

I do enjoy owning a house...I just hate maintaining it!

Hate might be too strong, but when something goes wrong it's an incredible pain in the arse...and not so much getting it fixed but WHO DO YOU CALL when something goes wrong?

Mr Q is oblivious to most "fix-it" kind of things around the house and the Gardener is pretty good with plumbing (yeah, yeah), but other than plumbing we're pretty much sitting ducks when calling someone to service our home repair needs...

If you're like us, I thought it might be helpful to start a list of GOOD SERVICE PEOPLE here on Q Street News - SEE "Good People to Know" under the links to your right...

We just had our A/C fixed and the guy was great (Unfortunately he didn't look like Carter Oosterhouse of "Carter Can" but this gave me an opportunity to post a shirtless pic of cutie pie Carter...woof!)...anyway, back to John Simmons - today's A/C fix it guy...

He has his own business and I believe DOES all the work himself...very professional, absolutely did not overcharge me, told me all about my A/C system and overall it was a good experience...the only downside (and it was no big deal once you realize he's running his own business) is when I called to make an appt, I talked to his wife (or mother) and it SEEMED like I was talking to a family member...so I was initially put off by it not "sounding" like a real business, but everything turned out great...he showed up on time, etc...

So "John Simmons Heating and A/C" is Mr Q's first recommendation for HVAC services...there will be more coming...with a house there always is...and now that I'm thinking of it, I will also make a list of "These People were Horrible and I'll NEVER Call Them Again!" if I run into bad service people...

Please feel free to comment if you have recommendations for good (or bad) handymen...

Have a cool evening...tar tar for now.

No comments: