Sunday, June 15, 2008

Don't Rain on my Parade...

It wasn't just raindrops falling yesterday...

Mr Q hadn't even had his first beer yet at JR's "beer garden" when he felt an especially large drop on his shoulder...a quick look to my right confirmed my worst suspicions...a little bird had flown overhead and left me a present...what a way to start my night!!
Everyone assured me it was good luck...once they stopped laughing...

Anyway...it turned out to be one Big Wet Pride Parade this year!!

But even with the less than favorable weather, the crowd really hung in there until the end...

Here are some highlights...
The beginning of the parade...it hadn't started raining yet...

Some wet DC Cowboys kicking up their heels...

Random hot guys on 17th Street...cute, huh??

Gotta love those ladies on their bikes!

My favorite lead majorette!

Fun advertising...

I love her enthusiasm!!

Men and their tubas...

Nothing says Pride like a leather jockstrap!

She came well prepared with that umbrella!

Good question...

Towards the end of the parade...and it was REALLY raining!!

Big crowds along 17th Street...

Our initial vantage point from JR's "beer garden"

Mr Q's following MUST be getting really big...fans are wearing T-shirts now!!

Obama was well represented...no sign of Mr. McCain's people anywhere...

Cary Silverman already has my vote (primary is on Sept 9th!) ...but once I saw this hottie on his float its a sure thing!!

No comments: