Friday, June 6, 2008

Dear Marie Claire...

WTF?? As I was googling for some SATC news, I ran across these four covers for your most recent magazine...and I have one question...

Who ARE these women???!!!

The women I know from SATC are in their 40's and 50's...and they are beautiful and vital on their own without photoshopping each and every line off their faces....we know they're not in their twenties...that's part of their appeal...and part of the movie's appeal...
You didn't just take 10 to 20 years off of these people...THEY DON'T EVEN LOOK REAL!!

The never-ending onslaught of youth-oriented "artificial beauty" by the media is the reason 20 year old girls are getting botox and 30-something friends are afraid they're over the hill, and if you're over 40, well, just forget it...you're irrelevant and invisible...

Screw you and your airbrushing Marie Claire!! And that goes for all your media colleagues...

Just felt like getting that off my chest...

3 comments:

Holly said...

I hear ya Mr. Q-this is RE-diculous

AJ said...

AMEN!

Mr. Q said...

Thanks Holly and AJ...

I know my post won't change the youth-obsessed media, but it just pisses me off that these women aren't good enough to be shown as they are...

To pass these covers off as real women in their 40's and 50's is complete BS...it keeps the general public desiring physical "beauty" that is only obtainable through airbrushing...

Now I have to sign off, I'm late for my botox appointment!! :-)