Sunday, May 11, 2008

Quiet Weekend on Q St...

It has been a pleasantly quiet weekend here on Q...

Friday night stayed in and watched the critically acclaimed "BELLA" ...just released on DVD last week so I pushed it up the Netflix queue because I'd read nothing but good reviews of this movie...Well...maybe it was the hype, but I was underwhelmed...it wasn't a BAD movie, but left me thinking...ok, whatever...

BUT - the absolute BEST part of the movie is Eduardo Verástegui...stunning...

The Gardener (who has an uncanny knack for remembering people's faces - especially good looking ones) recognized Eduardo as the hunky guy in Jennifer Lopez's 2001 "Ain't it Funny" video...and with some quick googling I find he was right again...

Let's hope we see Eduardo in something again very soon!! Bella was 2006 and IMDB doesn't show any projects he's currently working on! C'mon people!! Doesn't Ugly Betty need a hunky cousin???

Saturday we stopped into Ulah Bistro for dinner (our 3rd visit and a Mr. Q recommended eating establishment!)...good place with an eclectic crowd...I'd pass on the calamari next time...but everything else we've had there has been good...it's at U & 13th.

Stopped at Nellie's for a couple of beers...discussed attending one of the TWO MADONNA nights - one at Town, the other at Be Bar, but decided to be good and go home instead...another time Madonna...

Which brings us to Sunday - are you still with me?

Called Mom for Mother's Day...The Gardener planted a new rhodedendron...

...and I'm off to make a lasagna...as I said, quiet weekend...hope yours was a good one...

One more thought...lovin' Give it 2 Me on Hard Candy! Can't wait for the video!!

No comments: