Friday, April 25, 2008

Signs of life...

So I got home from the gym (and I still can't do those yoga moves, but the hour I spent there will hopefully offset a few Bud Lights later tonight)...but anyway, I decided to be big-hearted and take the cutest dog in the world for a walk...

Along the way, we saw some beautiful flowers...the people in Shaw really do some amazing work in their yards!Walked down along 9th Street, and saw the site of the new Corduroy restaurant (below) on 9th between L & M St NW...looks like they still have some work ahead of them, but this is going to be a GREAT addition to the Convention Center neighborhood...and hopefully will encourage other restaurants to open along this corridor...Also walked by Jemal's development "The Exchange" at 9th and N and I really like what they've done there...I think it looks great and the construction people seemed to be putting on the finishing touches...now keep your fingers crossed a fun retail/restaurant mix comes in there and not another PNC Bank...But the sight that really excited me is an actual SIGN saying this mudhole (below) which I believe I've seen at the intersection of 9th and Q St NW for (literally) years now (the fence has had different incarnations...mostly graffiti-filled broken plywood, but now its a much more pleasing to the eye chain-link - all the better to see the mudhole)...but I digress...

THIS...Looks like it may become THIS!!
Yes, I know its just a SIGN right now, but another blog that covers Shaw much better than I do - namely this one - says the developer is planning on pouring a foundation soon and construction should be complete by the end of 2008.

And that would make me very happy...all in all, it was a very pleasant Friday afternoon walk...oh yeah, we also saw two Mormon missionary kids (can't help but think of Latter Days when I see them now), and two acts of public urination in an alley (not by the aforementioned Mormon kids)...but all in all, its a really nice day out there...

Now for a quick nap and on to an outdoor venue (Nellie's? Fox & Hounds?) for those Bud Lights...

4 comments:

Holly said...

Niles really is the cutest dog in the world!

Mr. Q said...

Holly - you're the BEST commenter ever!!

Holly said...

Aw, shucks!

si said...

mmm...black tulips!