Monday, April 28, 2008

Disturbing news from Ugly Betty...


After a so-so first episode post-writer's strike, comes the news that Rebecca Romijn won't be a recurring character when the show returns next fall!!

According to NYPost.com, Rebecca says “They made a tremendous amount of changes, especially with the writing staff (during the writer’s strike). And while I know I’ll be coming back next season, with all the changes, I’m not sure they can take care of my character they way they have been. So I’ll be leaving, back in a recurring capacity, but time for me to leave and find something else.”

This is NOT good news!! Rebecca's transsexual character Alexis is a pivotal member of the Meade family...and as much as I've admired the writer's ability to move all the character's storylines forward in ways I never would have imagined and didn't see coming, it's a BIG concern that they've made a "tremendous amount of changes, especially with the writing staff"...and based on last week's episode, previews for this week, and now this news re: Rebecca those changes may not be for the better...

Makes no sense to me why they'd make changes to something that wasn't broken...

No comments: