Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Andrew Lloyd Webber???


Are you serious?

First off, I had a wonderful dinner last night with Mr & Mr Shoemaker Hollow, so instead of laying on my couch and zoning out in front of the TV I actually interacted with friends...but the end result was I missed American Idol...so I'm in no position to say who will go tonight, although sources tell me Brooke blew it again, so let's say Brooke will go...

But the person that SHOULD go tonight is the "behind-the-scenes genius" who is picking the themes this year!! So that makes the 60's, the 70's, TWO weeks of the Beatles, Dolly Parton, Mariah Carey and now....Andrew Lloyd freakin' Weber of Cats, Evita and Phantom fame??? Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against any of these "artists", and you know how I love Dolly, but c'mon...give these 20 year old kids something that resembles a singer that's had a pop hit in their lifetime! OK, Mariah's had recent hits, so that's one...this season.

I hear next week is The Sound of Music and Julie Andrews is the coach!! I can't wait to hear what David Cook does with Sixteen Going on Seventeen!

I did ask our dinner hosts to flip on the TV at 9:50 to see....no, not the results of the PA primary...but who was leaving DWTS!! What can I say? I'm done with presidential politics for now...wake me in June when the Democrats have a candidate...

So Goodbye to Marlee - I wasn't crazy about you, but I have to give you a lot of credit for ballroom dancing on LIVE television!

No comments: